There are numerous correspondence and web-based training programs available for NAF employees. The majority of Morale, Welfare, and Recreation individual and professional development plans may be found in the army Civilian Training, Education, and Development System (ACTEDS) Plan for Career Field 51. ACTEDS Career Field 51 may be found @ http://www.cpol.army.mil/train/acteds/CF_51. Please find below a brief listing of other training sources:
- Civilian Personnel Operations Center Management Agency (CPOCMA) - CPOCMA offers a wide range of courses to include: Human Resources, Distance Learning Training, and various links to other sources. CPOCMA may be found @ http://www.cpocma.army.mil.
- Army Distance Learning - Army Distance Learning offers a variety of self-development courses. Army Distance Learning may be found @ https://www.aimsrdl.atsc.army.mil/secured/accp_top.htm.
- Army Family Team Building (AFTB) - AFTB offers training and knowledge to support military spouses and family member in the total Army effort. AFTB may be found @ www.armyfamilyteambuilding.org.
- Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Academy - The MWR Academy includes numerous subject matter experts in various areas of U.S. Army Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Activities. Over 50 courses and training programs are provided. Over 15 percent of courses are approved for award of college credit. Certifications and Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are also achievable by way of MWR Academy course work. Since the Academy's 1986 inception, over 20,000 MWR personnel have been trained in the MWR program. The Academy may be found @ http://www.mwraonline.com.
- Anti-Terrorism Training - Anti-Terrorism Training is an annual requirement for all DoD employees. The Anti-Terrorism may be found @ www.at.awareness.org.
- Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS) - ATRRS has over 1,500 Information Technology, Business Skills, and Interpersonal Skills courses. ATRRS may be found @ www.atrrs.army.mil/channels/eLearning/smartforce.
- Civilian Leadership Training Division (CLTD) - CLTD's mission is to educate leaders in the values and practice of the profession of arms, to act as the executive agent for the Army's Leader Development Program, to develop doctrine that guides the Army, and to promote and support the advancement of military art and science. CLTD may be found @ http://www-cgsc.army.mil.
- Civilian Personnel Operations Center (CPOC) Regional Training - CPOC Regional Training is a list of courses specific to the various offices. CPOC Regional Training may be found @ www.cpocma.army.mil/fy03_cpoc_regional-training_sche.htm.
- Army Civilian Training Education and Development System (ACTEDS) - ACTEDS offers a full range of management courses. ACTEDS may be found @ http://www.cpol.army.mil/train/catalog/index.html.
AR 215-3,chapter 12, Employee Development, covers training and development for NAF employees.